Licensure or Certification is Mandatory in the State of Nevada; Exceptions: If you are a Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist; Licensed Psychologist; Physician or Nurse who is licensed pursuant to that Nevada Boards regulations and approval.
Agata Gawronski, Executive Director
400 West King Street, Suite111
Carson City NV 89703
Telephone: (775) 684-7080
Fax: (775) 684-7084
License or certificate is revocable privilege; holder acquires no vested right. A license or certificate issued pursuant to the provisions of this chapter is a privilege that may be revoked in accordance with the disciplinary procedures set forth in this chapter and in regulations adopted by the board pursuant thereto, and no holder of such a license or certificate acquires thereby any vested right.
General Requirements for Certification / Registration
- No abuse of alcohol or controlled substances or problems with gambling for a period of 2 years before submitting application
- If you are on parole or probation the Board will not consider your application for a period of two-years after the completion
- All individuals certified must observe "Ethical Standards and Requirements"
- College graduation from an accredited college or university listed in Accredited Institutions of Post secondary Education
- Complete applications must reach the Board within 30 days of date of hire in the substance abuse or problem gambling field
- Finger print cards and a money order payable to the Board of Examiners for $45.00 this is due when the request for application is submitted and is part of the request for application fees.
- Is not less than 21 years of age
- Is a citizen of the United States or is lawfully entitled to remain and work in the United States – proof of citizenship or proof that an applicant is able to work in the United States
- Application must include social security number, resume, copy of birth certificate, drivers license or passport and copy of the completion of a high school education
- Must provide the Board with statement regarding child support
Please note: You will be required to provide the Board with any and all information concerning any arrests, convictions, indictments, suspensions or revocations. If you have any convictions, arrests or etc. you cannot do substance abuse or problem gambling counseling until approved by the B oard. An individual on parole or probation will not be considered for certification or licensure until such time as they have finished and have been off parole or probation for a minimum of two-years.