WITH A BACHELORS DEGREE: If you complete 18 semester units in addictions you will reduce the number of required hours of employment experience to 1,500 hrs.,
WITH A MASTERS DEGREE: If you complete 12 semester units in addictions you will reduce the number of hours of practical experience to 1,500 hrs
NAC 641C.070 "Field of social science" interpreted; qualification of degree.
For the purposes of this chapter and NRS 641C.350, 641C.390, 641C.420, 641C.430 and 641C.440:
- The Board will interpret the term “field of social science” to mean:
- Any program in:
- Counseling alcohol and substance abusers;
- Counseling problem gamblers;
- Social work;
- Marriage and family therapy;
- Nursing; or
- Medicine; or
- Any other program related to the study of the human mind and mental illness.
- The Board may consider whether the course descriptions for a degree from an accredited college or university that includes at least 2 4 semester hours or 32 quarter hours of courses relating to counseling qualify the degree as a degree in a “field of social science.”